Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fair use: What I think about the official guidelines

Properly citing materials is one of the dumbest things that I have to do, but one of the most honest things to do. Personally in my life any and all papers I have wrote have been no more than assignments due to a teacher. Because of this I feel as though my academic integrity was more so imagined than really relevant. I find it really hilarious that we have spent so much time practicing the proper guidelines, that they will change again before we actually need to practice them. And it is this changing of guidelines all the time that really makes me not care about the importance of properly citing things. How serious can I take an idea when it changes, or the audience wants a different format. Though, the idea of proper citing is really important, I think I would get really "unhappy" if someone stole my ideas so I guess we have to do what we gotta do. But heres the next point: Why do they have to be so complicated, so tedious, and precise, why can't I say here's the author, here's where they published it, page numbers, and all that jazz. But no, it has to be organized, that way the original person who wrote it won't be offended....like they are gonna read it anyway, or even know that they were cited. Thats all I got to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home